Saturday, February 4, 2012

Saturday, beginning Week Three

February 4, 2012

Week Three. My body is VERY tight this morning. I practiced yoga Monday through Thursday mornings this week, and noticed on Thursday that my body didn’t want to move with my mind – we weren’t in union.

Tuesday was the Viniyoga class with Johanna, got along well, noticed that I have to consciously practice breathing along with the moves, or I hold my breath. I also focused on lateral movement, so that I might better understand why it is more difficult to move to the left. Not only are my rib and side muscles reluctant, my spine doesn’t see the need to move to the left. More work necessary.

Wednesday was Hatha I with Karen, remembering lateral movement and breath, still need constant recognition. I might need to focus on breath forever!!

I had a massage on Wednesday as well as a chiropractic appointment, and really drank water, but evidently not enough. I was tight and sore on Thursday morning, didn’t want to get out of bed, much less go to Yoga. I had ViniYoga again, and focused on the stretching aspects, still wanted to be at home eating bonbons. The forward fold felt good on my back, I moved a little deeper and a little deeper, and then a little “pop.” Ugghhh. I spent the rest of the day on a heating pad, but didn’t do as badly as I feared. My back was tender, and hurt a little when I walked, but it was time for a rest anyway.

Friday was my day “off.” I was able to move pretty well, and am much better today. Still really tight, but not much pain. How do I deal with this and still practice yoga? Oh, I know, sensibly!

No comments:

Post a Comment