March 3, 2012
Class at Davenport School of Yoga – Downtown Venue
Yoga Instructors' Class
Yoga class was wonderful. I am able to forget any “puny” feelings, move through poses and enjoy what my body will do for me, the class races ahead without us realizing it. I felt very stiff at first, I should warm up like I do at home – rolls on back, child’s pose, cat-cow, thread the needle, etc. I can’t believe how great a stretch the child’s pose provides.
I feel tentative about adjusting, have to learn to listen to others’ bodies, I will focus on that next time.
I was really looking forward so savasana, so selfishly didn’t volunteer to lead it – will next time. I read this about corpse pose, or savasana: “Benefits: Allows the body time to process information at the end of a class. No yoga session is complete without the final pose – Savasana. The body needs this time to understand the new information it has received through practicing yoga. Even though Savasana is a resting pose, it’s not the same a sleeping! You should stay present and aware during the five to ten minute duration of final relaxation.” Hadn’t thought about it in this way.
(2 hours)
March 4, 2012
Home, brief practice
Did a few poses to get my body moving: back rolls, table-top, cat-cow, child’s pose, and then worked into sun-salutation. I spent 5.5 hours at church, was glad I had done yoga to begin my day. (15 minutes)
March 5, 2012
Class at Davenport School of Yoga – Downtown Venue.
I felt lots of stiffness, so set my intention on elongating my muscles and moving within the moment. Triangle pose was difficult, maybe because it was the first pose. However, after that I was able to move and feel the poses, not push into them. I am learning how important it is to relax in class, and go within myself – I know, I should have realized that 15 years ago! As Jeani says, “This is your practice.”
Tomorrow I am going to develop my own practice at home, worried about self-discipline.
(1 hour)
No comments:
Post a Comment